· 1 1/4 cups wholemeal spelt
· 1 tsp baking powder (I use Honest to Goodness – no nasties!)
· 2 tablespoons Muscovado / Panella / Raw sugar
· ½ - ¾ cup milk
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter, melted, cooled
· 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
· coconut oil / butter for the pan
Whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in bowl, add ½ cup milk, oil and eggs and mix well, adding more milk if required.
Heat pan and add oil – use a tablespoon to spoon the mixture into pan. They are ready to turn when the bubbles form and burst (1-2 minutes), turn for a further 1 minute.
Delicious served fresh and warm.