These are so quick to make and are also a great one to get the kids to make. They make a great lunchbox treat (see nut free option) or after-school, pre-sport snack.
Coconut and coconut oil are lovely energy sources for the body and the brain as well as being a good protein and iron source.
Cacao is a lovely tasty source of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, zinc, protein and fibre among other things.
PS: they also make a yummy treat after dinner for mum and dad!
- 150 g desiccated coconut (about 2 cups) - plus about 30g for rolling
- 100g almonds*
- 100 g medjool dates, seeds removed (about 10)
- 30g cacao (2 tablespoons)
- 100g coconut cream** (about 5 tablespoons), or 50g of coconut oil.
Place all of the ingredients into Thermomix and blend 15-20 seconds sp 7. Or if using a food processor blend until well combined. Roll into balls and refrigerate. They last a week or so in the fridge (if they last that long!).
* Nut free option: replace almonds with extra coconut or sunflower seeds.
** use a good quality coconut cream (100% coconut cream - beware those with other additives!) - or make your own. Freeze the remainder coconut cream in ice cube trays for the next batch (or curry).