Pesto is so tasty, versatile and delicious - as a dip, a snack or quick lunch or a tasty addition to dinner. Check out a few ideas at the end of the recipe:
Finely grate parmesan and crush garlic.
Add all ingredients into food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Place ½ in a clean jar, top with olive oil and keep in fridge up to 5 days. Split the remaining 2 portions and store in freezer to use later.
To make with a Thermomix:
Cut parmesan into chunks, add to bowl and grate 15 secs/sp10.
Add all other ingredients to bowl and chop 20 sec/sp 7.
Place ½ in a clean jar, top with olive oil and keep in fridge up to one week. Split the remaining 2 portions and store in freezer to use later.
Try some of these ways to use it:
We know it is great for kids (and grown ups) afternoon tea, or with an evening drink. Some other great ways to use pesto:
- Pesto eggs: 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of pesto - whisk together, and pop in the pan with a drizzle of olive oil - throw in a handful or two of of baby spinach for a breakfast with a serve or two of veggies.
Snack / lunch:
- top some sourdough toast or a couple of wholegrain crackers with it - add some sunflower seeds/pepitas and some microgreens/sprouts for a quick & filling snack (see my lunch today above!)
- Delicious with poached chicken on a sandwich with some baby spinach.
- Coat Chicken breasts or fish with it: and bake in the oven with some cherry toms, broccolini, brussels sprouts, pumpkin - or whatever veg you have about. Approx 20 mins @ 180 degrees.
- Try my Roast Vegetable, Quinoa & Pesto salad or just toss through roast vegetables & some quinoa - add some rocket or baby spinach and you have a super salad!